dimanche

~ I HAVE BEEN WATCHING EVENING ARRIVE

    I have been watching evening arrive
    The shades of black and blue
    Cover the burst of flames
    The sun has left behind
    And some vital part of me
    Being sanctified.

    My eyes nailed to the dark
    I melt into a murky sea
    And some part of my soul
    Tears its flanks apart
    As I lay down alone in regret
    And consume the night.

    My fishing heart
    Has craved itself vain
    Its thumping folds cracked open
    In hunger until they became
    Two wings and held up
    An ocean of longing.

    Yet I can scribble invisible words
    And perhaps you appear near
    The night forcing an embrace upon us
    The smell of our communion
    alluring every sense and
    Sweetening the sinews of this life.











Emily Dickinson's axiom
Emily Dickinson's Axiom...