jeudi

    ~ COCKTAILS

    Active potential, passive potential.

    I can understand,
    Feel,
    Experience,
    Be changed,
    Suffer,
    Love.

    Man’s sensibility:
    I can make, act and modify.

    Man’s action:
    Possibilities mixed.

    I can remember:
    My voluntary reflex.






    ~ MY ILLUSION


    I open my book
    I look at my familiar things
    I stroke my beard
    I compose this piece.

    All this passes without impediment,
    As if freely, as if these were
    Separated and independent events,
    Isolated in the void,
    And without interaction

    And my book
    Now lying there
    And my hand
    Now resting here
    Have no interconnection.

    Then I suddenly see quite otherwise,
    A full volition:
    All these things are cogs
    Of a single engine,
    Jigsaw pieces.

    Each displacement is
    Inescapably
    A substitution,
    A liquid molecule
    Moved by another.

    Now nothing is casual,
    Nothing is alone:
    The independence of objects
    Is now only an appearance.
    Their apartness, their noncontact,
    Are appearances.

    Where is my book?
    Where is my hand?
















Emily Dickinson's axiom
Emily Dickinson's Axiom...