dimanche

~ THE SCENTS AND WATERS THEME



A POETIC SEXTETTE


    1.
    OCEAN MADE


    I want to tell you the ocean knows this
    that life in its jewel boxes
    is endless as the sand
    impossible to count
    pure
    and among the purple grapes
    time has made the petal
    hard and shiny
    made the medusa full of light
    and untied its knot
    letting its musical threads fall
    from a horn of plenty
    made of infinite reflections.


    2.
    TANTALUS SINNING


    Oh woman whom I loved and lost
    I summon you in the moist hour
    I raise my song to you.

    Oh woman, I do not know
    how you could contain me
    in the earth of your soul
    in the cross of your arms.

    How terrible and brief
    my desire was to you
    how tensed and avid.

    Cemetery of lost kisses
    there is still fire in your tombs
    still the whited bones
    of my lost mind
    burn impossible images
    as crows of desire
    peck at my heart.


    3.
    FRAGRANCE


    Wakening from the dreaming forest
    the sage sprig
    sang under my tongue
    its drifting fragrance
    climbed up
    through
    my conscious mind
    as if suddenly
    the roots I had left behind
    cried out to me
    the land I had lost
    with my childhood
    etched in my soul
    and I stopped
    wounded
    by the wandering scent.


    4.
    LONELY SYLLABLE


    Over your breasts of motionless current
    over your legs of firmness and water
    over the permanence and the pride
    of your naked hair
    I want to be,
    now that the tears are
    thrown
    into the raucous baskets
    where they accumulate,
    I want to be
    alone with a syllable
    of mangled silver,
    alone with a tip
    of your breast of snow.


    5.
    ROSE NOIR


    Do not take away the black rose,
    the lance flower that you pluck,
    the water that suddenly
    bursts forth in joy,
    the sudden spray
    of silver born in you.


    6.
    NASCENT


    Naiad: cut your body into turquoise pieces
    they will bloom resurrected in the waves
    This is how you become everything that lives.













Emily Dickinson's axiom
Emily Dickinson's Axiom...