samedi

~ TRIPTYCH

    1. STORM DAY BREAK

    Thunder clap
    Rebounds sharply
    And the wind tussles my hair.

    Sultry silence.
    Arteries of lightning
    Run down the charged sky.

    And when the heated dawn
    Sweats the rain
    Out of my drenched shirt

    However many rings of pain
    The night has welded round me,
    The opposing pull is now stronger -

    The passion to break away.




    2. ÉPREUVE BABELIQUE

    I lodge
    My thinking
    Within the folds of
    A language
    So much older
    Than I am
    That I cannot master
    The meaning of it
    Brought back to life
    Nevertheless
    By my insistent
    Speech




    3. MIMESIS & MÉTHEXIS

    The ephemeral
    Can hope
    To manifest
    Some truth
    By sharing the
    Immutable,
    Imitating
    It,
    Repeating
    It,
    Letting itself be
    More or less
    Haunted by
    It
    As I am haunted
    By the ephemeral
    Me
    In the immutable
    It.












Emily Dickinson's axiom
Emily Dickinson's Axiom...